Thursday, February 9, 2012

It can be dangerous to leave your computer unattended ....

Dear Blog,

Once again Mommy has left the computer unattended and I've decided to take advantage of the situation. She's been very bad about writing lately and I think I should fill in for her so everyone doesn't forget about her blog.

Life is pretty good right now. We've been having a warmer than usual winter which is a good thing because we have no heat in our home. Something happened to the box in the wall where the heat usually comes out. I don't know exactly how it works but Mommy or Daddy feeds it these pellets and it shines really bright and spits out warm air. When it's cold outside I love to curl up in my basket in front of the box and bask in its heat. Mmmmm, cozy. I'm so sad that I haven't been able to sit in front of the box for a awhile now.

At first I thought the box didn't work because my parents stopped feeding it. (Gosh I hope they don't stop feeding me!) They feed the box these things they call pellets. Thank goodness they feed me something different because pellets aren't very tasty (don't ask me how I know). In fact, they don't look or smell like usual noms at all. They look more like things to go poop in. I haven't tried it but I had a brother who did a couple of times. It really made Mommy mad so I try to stay clear of them .... except when I'm looking for something to play with. Whenever someone feeds the box in the wall they usually end up spilling some of the pellets in the floor. Mommy says something about them being a pain the patootie but I think they're fun to push around and chase.

Anyway, Mommy and Daddy stopped feeding the box because they said it was broken. I don't know what happened but it wasn't me! Daddy ordered a part to fix it and some guy in a brown truck brought it to us the other day. Isn't it nice of him to bring it all the way to the front door? I guess it would have been even nicer if he had brought it in and fixed the box but Mommy says that's Daddy's job. My Daddy is so important he has two jobs. One is to the fix the box in the wall, the other is that place he goes to every day and comes home grumpier than one of the seven short guys. I wish Daddy didn't have to go there but Mommy says if I want to keep eating noms he has to go.

I checked out the part that Daddy will use to fix the box. I'm not sure how it's going to fix the problem, it looks more like one of my toys than a part, but what do I know? I'm just a cat. Anyway, Mommy says it came just in time because the weather is going to turn cold. This is the third part that Daddy has gotten to fix the box and Mommy says if this one doesn't work we'll have to throw in the towel. She also says we need to  keep our fingers crossed but I can't do that because I don't have fingers. Hopefully crossing my paws will work just as good. And, I really don't want to throw in the towel because what will I lay on if I do?

So, all you peoples out there. Cross your fingers, your toes, your paws, and for good measure, your eyes. I figure it can't hurt and I'm sure Daddy will appreciate knowing he has your support. I thank you from the bottom of my heart to the tip of my tail. And if by chance this part doesn't work, send me your address 'cause I'll be looking for a warmer home.

Gratefully yours,
Spunky

2 comments:

  1. hope all goes well spunky.... you could come to my place as i'm working this weekend, but it is rather cluttered, dusty, etc... ie - a mess... glad to see something on the blog... have been checking to see if i missed something....
    nurse betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Spunky, Maybe I can fix the box? If not you can come to my house and play with me and my sister-MaryAnne-even though she is an evil super secret international spy cat who knows how to play checkers. (Don't ask) We have a normal box in the wall that holds wood. We have lots of wood. It's going to be cold this weekend. If you come we can play in Janet's craft stuff. She has a lot of it. Leslie calls it the craft crap. We can play with scraps. Janet will cook chili, life will be good. Come on over...hope the box gets fixed!

    Love-AJ the cat.

    ReplyDelete