- The most obvious, General Beauregard told us so. Early Spring!!
- The daffodils are up, trees are starting to bud, and greenery is popping up everywhere.
- Temps are up too, 75* yesterday and a prediction of 77 for today!
- Thunderstorms are predicted for this afternoon, with a possibility of tornadoes. Gotta love the spring storms here in the south.
- Pollen counts are starting to be noted and while it isn't in the 1000s as happens every year, we've already had a week of numbers in the "high" range." And my eyes and nose know it!
February 2011 S M T W T F S 30 31
5 6 7
12 13 14
19 20 21
26 27 28
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
The back door is open and the dogs and cat are free to run outside anytime they want. Someone is really happy to nap outside! She loves the fresh air. You can tell by her twitching nose.
- Spring cleaning is calling my name. Windows. Floors. Walls. It's time to clear all the cobwebs, wipe off the soot and grime from the fireplace, replace all the air fresheners, and dust. Sneeze. AhhhChoo!! Dust and sneeze some more. I'm really tempted to don one of these but I'm afraid it would freak the dogs out. I know this one would It even scares me!
- I actually feel like doing yard work - it's time to clear out some of the smaller trees/bushes in the front yard. It's too early to plant but it's definitely time to cut and delete. see, I already have it planned out. Anyone have a chain saw I can borrow?
- Speaking of purging, it's time to purge my closets. I won't do it yet, though, because I know how fickle the weather in Georgia can be. The blizzard of '93 happened on March 13th, and we've had snowfalls as late as April. But mentally ....those capris and short-sleeved tops are comin' out! Gosh I hope these clothes still fit. I can't tell if I've porked out over the winter or if it just looks that way with all the layers I've been wearing to keep warm. Let's just hope it's the clothes You know, "honey, does this make my butt look big?" words no husband wants to hear you ask, ... I think I'll bring it up at dinner tonight and get back with you.
- And last, but certainly not least .... I'm feeling the urge to paint and spruce up some rooms in my home. Mainly the two boy-caves. As Andrew so succinctly put it the last time he was home "they're kid rooms, mom." The question is - do I tackle this project alone and have total creative license or do I wait for spring break, get their input, and have them help? I wonder what colors I will go with this time around. I wonder how hard it's going to be to cover over those red and green walls.Do I go with manly colors? Neutrals? Decisions, decisions. When we painted the last time Andrew wanted black but I convinced him red would be better. What do you think he'd do if he came home to black walls? Black walls don't seem very spring-like do they? Maybe I should paint them a lovely pastel shade like mint green or lavender. Just kidding! He'd never come home again if I did that.
Ok, I've tired myself out planning and typing all this out. I think I'll go back into winter mode now.Ya know, hibernation isn't such a bad thing.