Monday, February 28, 2011

Spring is in the air

How do I know that Spring is on it's way? Here's the top ten hints

  1. The most obvious, General Beauregard told us so.  Early Spring!!
  2. The daffodils are up, trees are starting to bud, and greenery is popping up everywhere. 
  3. Temps are up too, 75* yesterday and a prediction of 77 for today! 
  4. Thunderstorms are predicted for this afternoon, with a possibility of tornadoes. Gotta love the spring storms here in the south.
  5. Pollen counts are starting to be noted and while it isn't in the 1000s as happens every year, we've already had a week of numbers in the "high" range."  And my eyes and nose know it! 
    February 2011
    SMTWTFS
    3031

    17
    1

    3
    2

    1
    3

    0
    4

    1
    5
    67

    2
    8

    7
    9

    1
    10

    4
    11

    7
    12
    1314

    25
    15

    37
    16

    31
    17

    50
    18

    92
    19
    2021

    564
    22

    703
    23

    742
    24

    607
    25

    432
    26
    2728

    129
    12345
    6789101112
  6. The back door is open and the dogs and cat are free to run outside anytime they want. Someone is really happy to nap outside!  She loves the fresh air. You can tell by her twitching nose. 
  7. Spring cleaning is calling my name. Windows. Floors. Walls. It's time to clear all the cobwebs, wipe off the soot and grime from the fireplace, replace all the air fresheners, and dust. Sneeze. AhhhChoo!! Dust and sneeze some more. I'm really tempted to don one of these  but I'm afraid it would freak the dogs out. I know this one would  It even scares me!
  8. I actually feel like doing yard work - it's time to clear out some of the smaller trees/bushes in the front yard. It's too early to plant but it's definitely time to cut and delete.    see, I already have it planned out. Anyone have a chain saw I can borrow?
  9. Speaking of purging, it's time to purge my closets. I won't do it yet, though, because I know how fickle the weather in Georgia can be. The blizzard of '93 happened on March 13th, and we've had snowfalls as late as April. But mentally ....those capris and short-sleeved tops are comin' out!   Gosh I hope these clothes still fit. I can't tell if I've porked out over the winter or if it just looks that way with all the layers I've been wearing to keep warm. Let's just hope it's the clothes You know, "honey, does this make my butt look big?" words no husband wants to hear you ask, ... I think I'll bring it up at dinner tonight and get back with you. 
  10. And last, but certainly not least .... I'm feeling the urge to paint and spruce up some rooms in my home. Mainly the two boy-caves. As Andrew so succinctly put it the last time he was home "they're kid rooms, mom." The question is - do I tackle this project alone and have total creative license or do I wait for spring break, get their input, and have them help? I wonder what colors I will go with this time around. I wonder how hard it's going to be to cover over those red and green walls.Do I go with manly colors? Neutrals? Decisions, decisions. When we painted the last time Andrew wanted black but I convinced him red would be better. What do you think he'd do if he came home to black walls? Black walls don't seem very spring-like do they? Maybe I should paint them a lovely pastel shade like mint green or lavender. Just kidding! He'd never come home again if I did that. 
Ok, I've tired myself out planning and typing all this out. I think I'll go back into winter mode now.Ya know, hibernation isn't such a bad thing. 

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I have the urge to spruce up my home, inside and out, but all I can think about is my work in progress!! Maybe after the novel is finished I will find the time to get rid of some clutter and clear a few cobwebs. Then again, if I manage to get published, maybe I will be able to afford to pay someone to do my dirty work for me. Hey, like you said a couple of days ago, a girl can dream! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was doing a clinical at the hospital Monday when a tornado warning was announced... we had to get all the patients out of bed, into their w/chairs, into the halls and close the doors... since it was dinner time, we rolled their bedside tables out w/ their trays... all we were missing were the party hats & ballons!! they were there abt. an hour before we could let them back in their rooms.... and our power flickered numerous times, locked up the medicine carts, etc... just added to the fun of the fire drill earlier in the afternoon!! i'm way too tired to think of spring cleaning!! good luck to your projects!!

    ReplyDelete