Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's officially Spring now but todays temps and the wind is making me think otherwise. I guess I've gotten spoiled being able to have the windows and doors open, wear short sleeves, and sleep with a fan on. I think I heard the all knowing meteorologist say that it's actually the right temps for the date - bah, humbug to him.

Getting the mail today made me realize though, that it really is Spring. Here's why
 Her name is Bella. For many years I'd plant azaleas out front. And every year they'd die. Except this one. She hung on, so I gave her a name.

Bella started out small but each year she grew. And more importantly, she didn't die.


After awhile I decided to give it another try. I guess Bella must have put out some good vibes because Lila lived!

 Lila is much smaller than Bella, and somewhat delayed in her blooming. Tonight there's a chance of frost. I hope those buds don't die before they have a chance to bloom.

Since I seemed to be on a roll for not killing plants, two years ago I gave it another shot. This time I was successful with twins!

Betsy and Tacy.

They're fraternal twins and Tacy  is smaller than Betsy .

The twins aren't close to blooming. Hopefully all the surrounding pine straw will help keep them warm tonight. Meanwhile, keep your fingers crossed for a successful bloom.

And now, what I really want to know .... do you think these girls will ever bloom at the same time?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your "babies"! Do you feed them? I am not much of a gardener but I do love flowers. Once the danger of frost is past, I will probably put some annuals out front. I, too, got spoiled by those warm days we had, wearing t-shirts and flipflops. I am not at all happy to be back in long sleeves, shoes and socks!

    ReplyDelete