Thursday, October 18, 2012

A short trip down memory lane

With all the stuff I have going on - remodeling a bathroom, genealogy research and writing the family history blog, reading up on diabetes and attempting to figure out what to feed my husband, trying to keep up with normal household chores, and of course, the new season of TV shows - maintaining this blog has dropped on the list of priorities. There just aren't enough hours in a day. I feel bad about it, but it is what it is.

I think I may have found a remedy for the dilemma .....

While cleaning out my desk recently I stumbled across a stack of photos. I know I pulled them for a reason, I just can't for the life of me remember why. Not one to let an opportunity slip away, I decided that maybe I could use the photos for blog material. A win-win situation. Short and sweet. I get back to posting more regularly and I get to share a bit of the past.

So, without further ado, I present today's photo.


This was taken in the spring of 1996. Ian was six, Andrew four.

The boys are definitely making a fashion statement with their shorts (Ian is going for the short-short look) and sweatshirt/sweaters. Ian is also sporting water shoes. I guess he's wishing for a trip to the beach?



Their facial expressions crack me up. Andrew is cheesing it up and Ian looks like he's not so sure he wants his photo taken. Could it be because of that awful uneven haircut?

The house is green, an atrocious shade of green. It was obviously before Dale painted it blue and neighbors driving down the road would stop and thank us for the change.

The background shot of the garage shows it's in the beginning stages of becoming our dumping ground, though it pales in comparison to today. I spy the Cozy Coupe, and can't remember if this was before or after the broken arm. There's a bumper sticker on it which is hard to decipher "??? over" maybe it's forecasting - if you ride standing up on the back you might fall over and break your arm?"

You can also see our beloved automobiles - Dale's blue truck and my red station wagon. This family sure loves our Toyotas. There are days when we miss having a pickup truck, and occasionally I miss driving a car instead of a van. But most definitely I miss the days of having these two little boys at home.

They grew up way too fast!

1 comment:

  1. I think the garage would fall in the hoarding category now. I'm sure there are some great treasures in there some where. Lol

    ReplyDelete