Saturday, August 25, 2012

Wonder Woman strikes again

I did it, I did it! Can you guess what?

Won the lottery? I can only dream.
Bought a new car? I wish.

Maybe I should add a word and then you'll guess.

I did it again, I did it again!

What's that you say? Sherri mowed the lawn again?! Way to go!

Now for all of you who do this on a regular basis I'm sure you're thinking, "good grief, what is wrong with this woman?" But, for those of you who know me, you know what an accomplishment it is. A little less than a year ago I mowed grass for the very first time. Now I can crow that I've mowed twice in one year ... and lived to tell about it.

We have a big yard and frankly it's a lot of work for an overweight, out-of-shape, middle-aged woman. In my eyes anyway. Feel free to agree and congratulate me on a job well done. Or, you can roll your eyes and snicker behind my back and then I'll tell you like I tell Eddie, "one day those eyes are gonna get stuck looking at the back of your skull!"

Anyway, I'm pooped and don't plan on doing much else today. Definitely no housework and I might not even cook dinner. Except darn it, the mother-in-law is visiting and if I don't feed her I'll never hear the end of it. Maybe I can talk my better half in to fixing dinner? It seems only fair if I do his yardwork he can pull my kitchen duty, don't you think?

Speaking of eating, last night we went out for Chinese. We went to Lin's Bistro and had soup, eggrolls, Hunan chicken, and sweet & sour chicken. As usual the food was delicious and my MIL seemed to enjoy it. Par for the course there was too much food so we brought home boxes of leftovers. If I can't convince my husband to cook dinner tonight maybe I'll just heat up the leftovers and call it a night.

Our fortune cookies were priceless this trip.

First mine

 Doesn't that sound exciting?

Of course my husband promptly got his nose out of joint and wanted to know what exactly was I up to. I was quick to remind him that most definitely a romantic mystery would include him, and should in fact give him something to look forward to. If either of my children are reading this I know for a fact they are writhing in pain, screaming, "no, no, no!" Sorry boys, just sing, "lalalalalala," and move along.

Dale's fortune . Yeeha! Now that's what I'm talking about. Finally recognition at work which will of course come with a big fat raise. Isn't that how it should be interpreted? I immediately wanted to post this on his bosses' facebook page, just to give him a heads up, you know. But Dale wouldn't let me. Hey, I'm just trying to cover all the bases just in case they haven't gotten the memo. Regardless, I'm sure it'll all work out 'cause we know fortunes come true ... especially the ones that promise good fortune in love and war, errr, I mean work.

I'm off now to add our fortunes to my little book. In case you're not familiar with it, you can read about it here.  Of course our little "in bed" game throws a whole new light on Dale's fortune doesn't it? Maybe I should be the one with my nose out of joint!



1 comment:

  1. Good job on the lawn! And I can't wait to hear about your "romantic mystery." Dale, the pressure is on now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete