Sunday, July 17, 2011

There're Somethings You Just Don't Share

I went to brush my teeth this morning and as I looked at the toothbrushes in the holder, I could not for the life of me remember which one was mine. I've used the silly thing twice a day for quite awhile, probably longer than recommended, so I don't know why I suddenly became so confused. It's not like they're the same color or type, but when I reached for it I immediately drew a blank and the longer I stared at the two brushes the more confused and irritated I became.



What a dilemma!

I figured there were three options to choose from. I could  1) just pick a brush and hope I was right. 2) call my husband and ask him which one was his, or 3) toss them both and pull out new ones. Unfortunately there were no new toothbrushes in the house so option #3 was out. There was absolutely no way I was going to call Dale and ask for help... I'd never hear the end of it. So, I opted for just grabbing a toothbrush and hoped I was right.

I'd like to wrap this up by telling you I chose correctly. Unfortunately I can't do that because now I can't remember which one I used! 

I'm also left with a new dilemma - do I confess and tell my husband that I might have used his toothbrush or do I just pretend like it never happened? I think I'll go with feigning innocence and be content with the fact that I'm 99.9% sure the purple one is mine. Meanwhile I plan on getting replacements and to make sure this never happens again I think I'll put little "His" and "Hers" tags on them 'cause who knows when I might have another senior moment!

1 comment: