Thursday, August 4, 2011

I got up this morning to discover this staring me in the face. Hmmm, where'd those come from? Oh yeah, the boy had a birthday. He came in after we'd gone to bed last night, I guess he brought them home from Youth Group. How nice, the kids celebrated his birthday!

I don't normally eat sweets. I guess some of you might find that weird, especially since I've confessed here to eating out of the sugar bowl as a kid and loving sugar and butter sandwiches. However, for the most part I don't really care for cakes, cookies, cupcakes, and pies. I'm more of a chips and salsa, Pringles kinda girl.

So, it was pretty surprising to me that upon seeing that box of cupcakes I was overcome with the urge to eat one.

Must.not.give.in.to.the.desire.....

I held out all morning and halfway through the afternoon before I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to have one!

I carefully peeled off the wrapper.

Wow, that's a lot of icing.

Woohoo, this is gonna be GOOD.

Hmmm .... it's ...... ok.

Well, to be honest, it's not as good as it looks.

In fact,

It's really not very good at all!

Ugh, I think I will stop now. Why should I stuff myself with something that really doesn't taste all that good, and definitely isn't good for me?

Whew, I feel much better now.

On another note, I'm getting my hair cut this evening. This is the first time I've had my hair professionally cut in many, many years. In the past I've relied on my husband or myself to do it but have decided it's time to bite the bullet and let someone who knows what they're doing try to fix me up.

My hair has gotten ridiculously thin the the last couple of years. Hopefully Peaches can do something with it that will look fabulous and make me look ten years younger. Ok, I'd settle for five. And, I'd totally settle for looking my age if only she can give me a cut that can make this fat face look thinner.

I'm gonna live on the wild side and post a before photo here. Everyone knows that's a stretch for me since I hate having my photo taken and I'm definitely not all that photogenic. Depending on how it all turns out, I may be back on later to post the results.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for tossing the rest of that cupcake. And I am soooo excited about your haircut. Can't wait to see what you end up with! :-)

    ReplyDelete