Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's no secret

I do not have a green thumb. In fact I'm pretty sure that anyone who knows me would say that I have a BROWN thumb. I've been known to kill the hardiest of plants ... without even trying .... it just happens.

Part of this lack of gardening skills is due to the fact that I cannot tell the difference between a plant and a weed. I guess if I used common sense I'd be able to figure it out. If it quickly dies - it must be a plant, and if it lives forever it must be a weed.

I have some greenery growing in my side yard. I'm pretty sure it's a weed because it shows up every spring, and no matter how many times we whack it down it comes back bigger and hardier. I guess you could say it grows like a - you got it, a weed.



As you can see, it's got huge leaves and purple berries.



I'd like to identify this plant weed, can you help me?

1 comment:

  1. It sure is pretty! We used to have a neighbor who didn't like to cut his grass because such pretty flowers had come up volunteer. You guessed it - weeds!

    ReplyDelete