Monday, June 20, 2011

I'm finding it really frustrating that I have to suffer the consequences of someone else's inability to do something in a timely manner. Excuse the expression but: stupid people suck!

There I said it out loud and feel minutely better. Of course I've probably offended someone because of my use of the "S" word, and maybe for others the use of two "S" words together is totally tacky. Sorry, I'm just calling it like it is. And while I don't generally like the use of this expression believe me in this instance it is just.plain.appropriate.

In addition to the crude language you'll have to excuse me for being so cryptic in my statement. There's a part of me that would love to tell the blog world just who and what has gotten me so riled up. However that wouldn't be fair to the other people involved. I wouldn't want them to suffer repercussions because of my choice to rant on the internet. Of course "stupid people" generally fail to see actually see themselves for what they are so chances are good they would never make the connection. But others might and it's those "others" that I fear.

Enough of that, let's move on to other things.

This was a busy weekend for me. Friday I drove down to Union City to pick up my mother and bring her here for an overnighter. Poor thing had to sleep in Ian's room which is totally a pig sty. Mother's question was "how does he fit all this into a dorm room?" Good question, sorry I don't have the answer! The best I could do was clear her a path to the bed and provide her with clean sheets.

The reason for her visit was to attend a baby shower on Saturday. The shower was for a non-family family member. Did you get that? Jennifer is my sister's niece by marriage so she isn't really related to us but she has been a part of our lives for 37 years and therefore is really a part of the family. She's pregnant with twin girls. How exciting! It was so fun to see all the little girl clothes she got, two of everything, and lots and lots of pink. I'll just go ahead and state what all us mothers of boys have said for years, it's totally unfair how much more is out there for little girls than little boys. See, we set 'em from the very beginning to fulfill the old stereotype - girls are all about the clothes, boys not so much.

Friday night for dinner we took my mother to a local chain pizza place for dinner, Stevi B's.  It's one of her guilty pleasures that unfortunately, due to her very restricted diet, she doesn't get to go to very often. In general we don't go there very often either. While the pizza buffet is pretty good, I can't stand the atmosphere of the place. It's very loud and full of kids running amok. It's a great place to go if you've got a large family to feed, or if you're celebrating a birthday or an end-of-year team party. It is not so great for quality dining and quiet conversation. Whenever he is home Ian wants to go there and I usually nix the idea. Knowing he would be pretty bummed that we went without him, we decided to keep mum about it. Unfortunately Nonnie didn't hear that part of the conversation and blabbed it to him on the phone the next day. He's pretty bent out of shape over it and I'm pretty sure I see another trip to Stevi B's in the mix when he comes home in August. The things we do for the people we love.

Speaking of love, yesterday was Father's Day. I showed my honey the love by going to church where he wanted to go instead of where I wanted to go. Then I let him pick his choice of restaurant for lunch. I didn't get him a card though. Have I mentioned that I am the world's worst for giving cards and gifts?  It's not because I don't care, it's just that "those" aren't my love language. Besides, he's not my father, he's my boys father and they are they ones that should be honoring him on this day. And they did. Ian called from Seattle to wish his dad a happy father's day. He also put his dad's worries aside by confirming that he's gotten over his regret of leaving home for the summer and is in fact, having a great time. Andrew gets the award for best gift - a blu ray player - Dale is so excited to have a new piece of technology to play with. Andrew also wrote his dad the most wonderful, heartfelt note. It's all I can do to not scan and post it here, but it's not mine to share. Just trust me when I say it's something my husband will treasure forever.

As for me, despite having to deal with those bad consequences I mentioned at the beginning, I can't complain too much about life. I'm feeling very blessed that I have such a wonderful husband, who is also an incredible father. This weekend I got to spend time with the most important woman in my life (and mother, if you're reading this, I'm really sorry about being so cranky when I got lost and we were an hour late to the shower!), I had a good phone conversation with my traveling son, and I got to celebrate Father's Day with my husband and my baby adult son.

Life is good.

And surprise ! I failed to take one photo all weekend. So hear ya go, I'll just post a few shots from the collection.

 My boys, taken in 1995.

 a photo of Mother taken at Christmas 2010

 Ian and Dale, Hilton Head 2009
 Dale and Andrew, October 2009

You'd think as a scrapbooker and blogger I'd be better about taking photos. I'm really going to try and work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment