Sunday, June 5, 2011

No, we don't eat out all the time!

I know if you're a regular reader of my blog it may appear that we eat out all the time. While I'll admit we eat out way too much frequently, we do eat at home. Here's proof.


Dale fired up the grill for the first time this season. Nothing exciting, just dogs on the grill. For the record I'm not a huge fan of hotdogs but there's something about a grilled hotdog that just hits the spot on a summer evening.

 I couldn't let make Dale do all the work so I prepared all the side dishes. Not wanting to heat up the kitchen, I baked beans in the toaster oven. Nothing special unless you like Bushes Homestyle Baked Beans.
Homestyle Baked Beans  For a canned bean, these are really good! I made coleslaw using a prepackaged bag of shredded cabbage from the grocery store with Marie's special sauce.Coleslaw

Let me post a disclaimer here, I don't get a kickback from these advertisements, just showing you easy it was to throw this meal together.

I capped off our meal with fresh fruit. Strawberries and blueberries. Yum!
 So, there ya go, proof that we do eat at home, it didn't cost a fortune, and it was totally a mmm mmm good meal!

1 comment:

  1. I don't eat hot dogs, but I could make a meal out of the baked beans, cole slaw and fruit. As a matter of fact, I think I will do just that over the weekend! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete