Thursday, November 17, 2011

17 Get this thing off my face!

This morning Spunky wandered into the room looking like this


I took it as a hint that some housework was in order.

If you can't tell what it is, it's a twig covered in cobwebs.

I had the hardest time getting it off her face. I don't know if she couldn't see it, or was just insisting on making a statement with it. I had to chase her all over the house before finally cornering her in the bathroom and cleaning her face. I got the hint though and spent the afternoon cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, and mopping floors.

I was gonna do all that work anyway 'cause my boys are coming home this weekend and everyone knows how guys expect to come home to a sparkling clean home. Ok, well maybe not. They did live here for the first eighteen years of their lives and should know what to expect! Anyway, it's all about being home with Mom and Dad and not so much what the house looks like, right?

They won't actually be here until Saturday evening. Today they are driving to Atlanta but are going right on by their regular exit as they travel to the south side of town. 
Here they are on the ride home (I stole this photo off Andrew's Facebook page, the guy in the middle is a friend of Andrew's who snagged a ride to ATL). They are planning on attending the National Missionary Convention which is an annual convention that is held in a different city each year. Ian is on year four and Andrew year three for attending this event. They are always getting home late for the Thanksgiving break due to attending this convention. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining because this is such a great thing for them to be doing. I'm just happy this year the convention is here in Atlanta and they are close by. For the first time in four years Ian will actually be home for his birthday. Yay! Meanwhile, they will be spending the next two nights with my Mother who lives close to where the convention is being held. How convenient is that? It's a win-win for all involved. She gets to entertain her favorite grandsons and they get free room and board for two days.

And me, I'm just happy that the Thanksgiving break is right around the corner and we get to spend some good family time together.

1 comment:

  1. Now see our cats would freak if something was on their face like that. In other cat news...those slippers I got yesterday (see my FB for pictures) the cats have decided they LOVE them, like ahem really love them...

    ReplyDelete