Wednesday, November 9, 2011

9 What? Me borderline obsessed?

Today's post will much shorter than yesterday, I wore myself out writing it!

Have you ever had a song in your head that just won't go away? I do, and there aren't any words, just music. It's the opening theme song to the TV show The West Wing.

I can hear some of you laughing because you already know I'm crazy about this show. I am currently watching the entire series through Netflix rentals. This is like the fourth time I've watched it so, yes, I'd say that's borderline obsessive. I also have to admit that this song is the ringtone on my phone.

What can I say other than I think it is the most well written series ever. It's so fun to watch and compare what's going on in the show with what's going on in Washington today. It also helps me understand a lot about politics and such that I either didn't know or failed to comprehend. I like the show because it makes me think but it also entertains me and it's definitely much better than so many of today's plethora of reality/law/crime etc. shows.

Currently there are several TV shows that are remakes of oldies. I think someone needs to contact Alan Sorkin and tell him it's time to dust off the old West Wing and bring it back.  Until that happens I guess I'll have to be content with watching it on rental DVDs.

Ya know, what I'd really like is to own the series myself. Currently Amazon has it for sale for $112. In case you don't know, that's a real deal for seven seasons worth of DVDs. Do you think maybe Santa reads my blog and will surprise me this year? Wouldn't that be sweet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment