Saturday, January 1, 2011

365 or 1

I can't decide if I should count forward or backwards? 365 or 1? How should I start?

Today is the first day of 2011. We welcomed the new year with a typical southern new year's meal. Honey baked ham, collard greens, black eye (or is it eyed?) peas, rolls and of course, sweeeeeet tea. We munched on spinach dip and chips before the meal, just something I whipped up. It was yummy!

Ok, I've got to stop watching food network and reading food blogs. I'm focusing way too much on food! I guess it's a good thing I didn't make any silly resolution about loosing weight. Unfortunately I don't think that's a resolution that I can keep.

After our delicious meal, that promises to bring us good luck and riches over the new year, we all retired to our respective rooms.


Dale pushed Max off the big couch and settled in to watch football on the *good* tv. I guarantee that after Tuesday night, Sugar Bowl - Ohio State vs Arkansas - Go Buckeyes!, he will finally admit that he's had enough football for awhile. Too bad, honey, there's still the NFL and playoffs, Go Falcons!


Andrew retired to his room to watch tv (the same football games that dad is watching in the living room) and catch up on the sleep he lost last night due to the lock-in. I figure maybe by next year he will realize that it's really not all that fun staying up all night. Anyway, he was NOT receptive to having his picture taken. I have to get him on board as far as helping mom achieve her 365 project.


Ian and Sarah were off to his room to watch a movie, a little football, and Skype with Sarah's family in Japan. They're being very cooperative about the picture taking. It almost makes me feel guilty that I declined watching the movie with them but, hey, I gotta work on my blog. I can't mess up on day one, can I?

Prior to blogging I took a little nap, something I rarely do anymore. And then settled in to start the documentation of  the year 2011. Here I am, typing away......



you didn't really think I'd include a photo of myself did you?

4 comments:

  1. Funny photos! I especially like the photo of you blogging! Ha!
    My family had almost exactly the same meal, except we had cornbread instead of rolls. MMMMMMMmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Wish I had spinach dip today! Happy new year to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are off to a great start! I like your idea of posting a photo to your blog every day. I attempted a 365 photo project last year but failed miserably. Maybe posting to my blog and including a story would make a difference. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! I won't include a photo of myself either. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete