Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions

It's here - 2011! Another new year, a fresh start, an opportunity to resolve to do ... something... This year my resolution is to document the year 2011 by daily posting a photo to my blog.

Now, stop laughing! Yes, I know that I've made claim before that I am going to blog daily and well, ---------- it never happened. But this time is different. I'm really going to make it happen.

I promise, really. Now stop laughing.

December 31, 2010
January 1, 2011

I wonder how long it will take to get used to writing 2011 instead of 2010? The other question would be how do you say it? Two thousand eleven? Twenty-eleven? Not that it matters, it's just one of the things that makes you me wonder.

Celebrating the New Year was different and yet the same this year. Andrew went to the annual lock-in at Mount Carmel with the youth group from HMCC, except this year he was a sponsor not a participant. Our boy is growing up!

The rest of us originally planned to ring in the new year at Pat's but due to our Christmas snow the party was cancelled. Dale and I decided to do what we normally do, stay at home and avoid all the crazies ringing in the new year. We usually go out for dinner and then come home and watch tv, eat snacks, countdown the peach-drop, drink a toast at midnight, and then off to bed - are we party animals or what?!

This year we were joined by Ian and his girlfriend Sarah. We went to Taco Mac for dinner (yuck, we won't go back there again. The queso was good but that was about it). Next year we'll go back to our old standby, Chinese.....can't go wrong at the Golden Palace. Sports bars aren't really my favorite place to go to anyway - they're too loud! But, what do you expect when there are 574957947 widescreen tvs, beer flowing, and cheering fans?

Back at home snack we munched on cheeseball and crackers, something I whipped up earlier in the day. TV viewing was a mix of football and new years celebration coverage on the networks. When you watch tv with my husband it's a challenge. Being the typical male he clicks the remote back and forth between stations. It drives me nuts and normally we watch tv in separate rooms. But on NYE I can suffer through it for a couple of hours. :-)

Watching New York's Time Square NYE celebration was entertaining. We learned a couple of things. One, Dick Clark REALLY needs to retire...I mean really, is that man actually alive? He's hard to look at, it's almost like looking at a wax figure. Second, Back Street Boys and New Kids on the Block --- dudes, you're OLD too! It couldn't help but make me wonder, how could all these people age so much and yet I am still my youthful self?

Other than the above mentioned,I have no idea who all the people were. Thankfully Sarah and Ian were around to put names to faces, not that I'm going to remember any of them. Except one - her name was Keisha, and OH MY! That's one trashy looking girl!! Ok, now I guess I'm sounding like the old woman that I really am. Can't help it. There's just some people that shouldn't be allowed out of the house.

Midnight, a quick toast (Spumate for me and Dale, sparkling grape juice for our youngin's, both of legal age but good little Bible college students), a kiss on the lips, and then off to bed, dreaming of my new year's resolution - starting January 1, twenty-eleven.

oh, yeah, the photos start on the next blog, I forgot to take photos of us ringing in the new year.

Sigh......I hope that it's not a sign of what's to come!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your New Year's Eve celebration - it sounds like it was lovely! I've never been to Golden Palace; I'll have to give it a try! But I have to disagree about Dick Clark; it wouldn't be New Year's Eve without him! Happy 2011 to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed reading about your New Year's Eve celebration and agree with the previous commenter - Pam. It wouldn't be New Year's without Dick Clark calling off the countdown - the man is a legend and I'm glad he is able to continue to do this after his stroke a few years ago.

    I love your blog background :-)

    Hope you and your family have a GREAT 2011 and I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete