Monday, January 3, 2011

home

Today we helped friends move to a new house. It's gorgeous, humongous,  and totally brand new. I cannot lie, I'm envious....green with envy. But I'm also happy for them. They have found their dream home and it's fun to watch them settle in.

Meanwhile, I drove home to this.


 This is my home.

We have lived here for twenty years; raised two kids, five cats, and two dogs here. It's not much, but it's home.

These photos were taken the day after Christmas. For the first time since 1882 there was a white Christmas in Atlanta, Georgia. How cool is that? I'm hoping it's a sign that the new year coming in will brings us all kinds of wonderful surprises, maybe even a miracle or two.

Meanwhile, I am thankful for my home, my family, and the many blessings God has and will bestow on us. And starting tomorrow I'm going to get to work on sprucing up this home!

1 comment:

  1. Sherri, I have been to your home, and it is warm and welcoming. Sometimes I, too, wish I lived someplace nicer, but then I remember that there are people who don't have a roof over their heads at all, and I am humbled and thankful. Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. Here's to making the best of what we have!

    ReplyDelete